Tank Overhand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MagickTouch

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and I had a quick question.

I bought a 40 gallon glass breeder tank with the dimensions 36x18x17 and for some reason I thought it was a good idea to buy a stand with the dimensions 35.6x19.6x27.3 The stand says it is made for 40 gallon tanks, the people at Petsmart said it would work, and the instructions for the stand say it can support 480lbs.

So the problem is that my tank is about 1/4 inch longer than the stand. If I center it, there will be 1/8 inch overhang on each side. There is plenty of space front to back, just side to side is the issue. Looking at it, I'd barely be able to notice, but I am concerned about it breaking or leaking or something. So, what should I do? Is it fine how it is? Should I modify it? I could also return it and get a different one, but I'd prefer not to. :banghead:

I hate those types of self-inflicted boners :)

If it were me, I would just leave it. Mainly due to laziness issues, hahaha.

You could cut a piece of 1/2 or 3/4 inch plywood just a bit bigger than the tank and paint or stain it and put it on top of the stand. It may be ok as is , but things like that drive me nuts...lol

Back
Top Bottom