Tank prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
I was told by one of Santa's helpers to go out tank shopping

I went to like 6 replicable dealers for large tanks

I looked at just 90g tanks and 125g tanks
all the tanks I looked at were glass
some had the center overflow box and were drilled
others were just a glass tank not drilled

Are the tanks with the center overflow more desirable since it's only drilled in the center?
or would I be better off just having the ends drilled with no overflow boxes ?

I was also confused with prices

why is it a 90g tank costs more than a 125g tank
all the tanks I looked at had no stand or any other perks just a plain Jane tanks
90g started at $850. all the way up to $1800.
125g started at $450 all the way up to $1500.
there is a $100. upgrade for overflows first 2 holes drilled free all others $25.ea
is this normal practice ?
another stupid question
how the heck do I get it home if I buy it
it sure won't fit in my jeep
img_2728294_0_ea7661a6f8e947d37b14b06413a6de02.gif

I'm leaning towards 125g but wife says 90g is big enough
maybe I'll pass a lil white lie that the 125g is only 90g lmao :D

I would look at Craigslist. There are some good deals for nice tanks and usually come with everything you need. As for getting it to your house, find a buddy with a truck. Or rent a trailer from uhaul. A one day rental isn't too expensive usually.

I ended up getting mine delivered. It was just easier. The family did spot the tank was another foot longer than I showed them in the shop (oh and taller) but that was an honest mistake on my part when I ordered...

I would look at Craigslist. There are some good deals for nice tanks and usually come with everything you need. As for getting it to your house, find a buddy with a truck. Or rent a trailer from uhaul. A one day rental isn't too expensive usually.

yes I agree I can get good deals on craigs list but I don't want to wind up cleaning and or resealing someone else's garbage

I always buy new that's how I am as for the trailer idea never even thought of that
good idea (y)

Was just at the lfs and they had a 125 aqueon tank with a stand for 699. Thought is was a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom