Tank Size....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tawolcott

Aquarium Advice Freak
Tired of the mod power plays; gone to another foru
It's getting to be that time.. UPGRADE time.....

Given these 2 choices for SW, looking for opinions on which would look better and give me more stocking choices. Bascially comes down to length over height.

A) 90G (48x18x25)
B) 100G (72x18x17)

Only 2 choices, no 125; no 250; no 300; no 82.5... Just little ole A or B please.

B- Always better to have a longer tank that a higher tank. More water surface for gas exchange, more swimming room and better for light penetration.

LOL! I agree with B. For your next upgrade, keep in mind the 125 and 150 have the same footprint....

LOL! I agree with B. For your next upgrade, keep in mind the 125 and 150 have the same footprint....

I was just going to add this. The deltas between a 100 and a 125 (or even a 180) aren't that much, considering they have the same footprint.

Like it even needs to be added at this point. B because of the length. 90 gallon tanks may look nice because of the height, but they're a pain to work on for that same reason. I actually went with a 75 instead of the 90 for just that reason.

Back
Top Bottom