Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tank Size

Hi Everyone, I have a couple of questions that I would like to hear the general opinion from different people on. This will be first and foremost a tank for discus. My first question is to purchase a tank that is 48"x24"x24" or one that is 72"x18"x24"? My second question is should I have it drilled out and ready for a wet/dry filter underneath it or go with a couple of emperor hob filters? This will be a fairly heavily planted tank with low light plants. Thanks in advance for your opinion and all opinions are okay with me....mr ray

Mr Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
Sliced Bread

The 72" tank would be my choice, especially for discus, but they can be done with a 48" tank as well.

For filtration, discus are pretty demanding of pristine water conditions. Because of this, if it were me I would go with 2 really good quality canister filters over the trickle or the HOBs.
In the DC Metro Area? Check out GWAPA and WAMAS
neilanh is offline   Reply With Quote

tan, tank size

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search