Tank size, all new to me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 55 bow front and was looking at a reg 55 for my Cichlid tank(convicts and pair of FM)

Trying to convince the wife to let me get a 75g but from reading the 55 and 75 are the same with the only difference being width?

55 gallon 48" x 13" x 21"

75 gallon 48" x 18" x 21"

Like I said I have a 55 gallon bow front. Will my crew benefit from a reg 55g? I'll be more then happy to purchase one with a stand. I measured and have the room for the reg 55g, just don't wanna just throw money away you know?

I like my tank and it took me a while to set it up just the way I like it. And I'm half way through a fish in tank cycle. So was just looking for opinions.

Then I saw a 60 gallon bow front. The wife likes the bow front for the living room. She's the boss and like the look of it in the location in the room. So I pick my battles.

So I'm just trying to figure out the best route of any. Was trying to get a 75 for Xmas. She saw the 60 bf and was like what's wrong with this one? So not sure what to do.

Fight for the 55 or take the 60 bow front. I have like I stated a 55 bow front. So the big question is money and are my fish gaining anything from any of these options? I've worked so hard on the tank I have and of I have to do it again that's it? It's gonna be the last time. Just wanna know if it's even worth it.

You would really like the extra room in a 75, that few inches makes a lot of difference when it comes to aquascaping. They also make a 78 gallon bow front. Show your wife one of them, and you can have the best of both worlds:lol:

foster53 said:
You would really like the extra room in a 75, that few inches makes a lot of difference when it comes to aquascaping. They also make a 78 gallon bow front. Show your wife one of them, and you can have the best of both worlds:lol:

Nice!! She likes the look of the now front so I may have a shot! Where can I find one? LFS? Online? I'll print a bunch of pictures of it and plant them throughout the house! Hahaha! Maybe she'll get the message! That would be GREAT!

I've seen 72gal bowfronts at Petland Discounts... so as foster53 said, show her those 70gal range bowfronts. However the 75E gallon (48" x 18" x 21") I think it is a great size. Big enough to give you stocking and aquascaping options, tank volume to maintain water temps and parameters, but small enough that it doesn't dominate a whole wall.

jcolon said:
I've seen 72gal bowfronts at Petland Discounts... so as foster53 said, show her those 70gal range bowfronts. However the 75E gallon (48" x 18" x 21") I think it is a great size. Big enough to give you stocking and aquascaping options, tank volume to maintain water temps and parameters, but small enough that it doesn't dominate a whole wall.

Thanks I'm show her these this weekend. Hopefully I can find one in a store.

Thanks I'm show her these this weekend. Hopefully I can find one in a store.

Good luck. Whether a bowfront or rectangular, 70gals are a great size.

FYI ... last night I saw at a Petland by me in Oceanside a sign for $1.00 / gallon on tanks UP to 75E. Not sure if that applies to all stores and till when, but it's something to consider if you have a Petland by you.

jcolon said:
Good luck. Whether a bowfront or rectangular, 70gals are a great size.

FYI ... last night I saw at a Petland by me in Oceanside a sign for $1.00 / gallon on tanks UP to 75E. Not sure if that applies to all stores and till when, but it's something to consider if you have a Petland by you.

Yes I have two by me and you know where I'll be taking the wife tomorrow! :)

Back
Top Bottom