Tank to hot in australia!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjtaylor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, been keeping a eye on my tank temperature as I new it was starting to get hot down here in Australia. And it was sitting steady on about 75 and the last day or two had been fairly warm to I looked at the thermometer and it was reading at 82.4 which aqadvisor says it a bit too high for my fish. So does anyone have a good but not too expensive solution to cool a tank down?

I know it's not to bad now but here we are only going to get hotter. Thanks

bjtaylor said:
Hey all, been keeping a eye on my tank temperature as I new it was starting to get hot down here in Australia. And it was sitting steady on about 75 and the last day or two had been fairly warm to I looked at the thermometer and it was reading at 82.4 which aqadvisor says it a bit too high for my fish. So does anyone have a good but not too expensive solution to cool a tank down?

I know it's not to bad now but here we are only going to get hotter. Thanks

Take some plastic bottles, fill them about 3/4 of the way up with tap water and freeze them, then put one in your tank. When it's defrosted put the next one in and refreeze the first one. Just remember to keep a close eye on the temp to make sure it doesn't drop too fast or too far. Or if you have an aircon your set! Just turn it up/colder. :D

Where abouts in Aus are you if you don't mind me asking?

Well it's not too bad now, there was just one 30degree day in their that kick the temp in the tank right up so I panicked.

But if the tank starts approaching 30degrees now, what happens when we have 40 degree days, which isn't uncommon for a WA summer :)

Back
Top Bottom