Tank Top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feelin_Salty

Aquarium Advice Regular
So the guy at the LFS talked me into not getting the normal glass top that comes with a fish tank. I have a 90gal setup with about 125lbs of live sand in it right now, and 100lbs live rock should be here next week. I plan on having a mandarin goby when everything gets set up, and since they're jumpers....what's a good top to use on a reef system? Is glass the only way, or could i use a screen?

I just got new upgraded lighting and can't use the glass tops anymore either, I plan to add a fire fish and a pearly headed jawfish, both jumpers/carpet surfers... so I am going to add small hole eggcrate I think... that's what everyone suggests to keep jumpers in. I sure hope it works... freaks me out a little to not have glass ... Yikes!

THe drawbacks to glass tops is that they will lower your PH because of a poor gas exchange at the surface. They will also heat your tank up to high levels. Most people that have glass tgops will get rid of them because of these two big problems.

Egg crate is purchased at Lowes/Home Depot. It's the square grid cover that you see over some flourescent lights in office buildings. Its name does not describe it at all.

Back
Top Bottom