Tank upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brentweld

Aquarium Advice Activist
So basically I got a 45 gallon tall tank from my friend I have now turned it into an awesome planted tank. I have a aqua sun quad t5 ho lighting that I got only a couple months ago. I was thinking about upgrading in size probably no more then 60 to 65. What are some good company's or recommendations for me I want to get/ create an even more awesome VERY PLANTED tank. I will also be upgrading filter if needed. but would doing this require me to do anything extra also?

I looked and I like the oceanic 57 gallon tank it's 36", 18",21" While mine right now is 36" 18" 21" I forgot to mention my light is 36 inches long and I plan to keep same lighting with no co2 for now possible in future

My tank

Attachments

• image-3610987233.jpg
    image-3610987233.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1355265552.jpg
    image-1355265552.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 101
  • image-85259986.jpg
    image-85259986.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 96
Anything? Here's something; The 45 gal tank you now have and the 57 you like seem to have the same dimensions, must be some sort of tardis tank.

I don't see much to be gained in only going up only 12 gallons, moving up depends on if you want more length, height, or front to back depth. Your 36" light can easily handle a 48' long tank, only 6' longer at each end,probably a 60". Depends on height of tank and depth of water, I wouldn't go much deeper than now if length gets much more than 60. It'd be nice if you could move the light from end to end , front to back, from time to time to ensure more even lighting.

Just get tank from reputable maker and dealer. Rimmed or not? Just personal preference but I don't like seeing water surface and air above it in tank, so I like a wide top rim, less chance of filling too close to top and slop over. You may have plants that grow out of water, so thin rim or rimless may be your choice. Rimmed is easier to set a sectional glass top in.

This is strictly plants? No fish? I've had some really heavily planted tanks, never used C02 augmentation, but tanks were heavily stocked with fish.

That's all the anything I got.

Back
Top Bottom