TaoTronics Dimmable LED for reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, haven't heard anything bad about them..... I've been slowly gathering pieces/parts for my frag/prop tank, and I got a super sweet deal on a 140W (non-dimmable) 24/24 white/actinic Toatronics. Can't wait to try it out.

Attachments

• photo62.JPG
    photo62.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 275
seems to be alot of people using the taotronics or knockover verison of the dimmable 120w panel, myself included, I havent seen anything bad about them. Mr. X seems to love them as does anyone else i have talked that has been using them.

I bought them for my 29gal reef and they are amazing the growth is redic ....I got the 120 watt dimmable blue taotronics ....more
Blue than white

I bought them for my 29gal reef and they are amazing the growth is redic ....I got the 120 watt dimmable blue taotronics ....more
Blue than white

I have the knock off verison off amazon with 28blue/27white. not to highjack or anything but am curious how high off your tank is your light mounted ?

Buy the dimmable ones and I prefer the blue not white ones.....on my 29 gallon reef with them being 8 inches off top of tank I can only run one unit at 40% blues and 25% whites they are very powerful and if switching from other lights you need to run them from the start at the lowest setting possible because your corals need to adjust greatly

Ok thanks, nope this is a new setup. i am at 10 1/2 inches off the tank atm. have it set to 30% for each color. Thanks for the input.

Thoughts on this light? Concerns? Likes and dislikes? Quality?

I've just ordered one of these lights and am eagerly waiting. Before ordering I consulted Mr.X and Aq, both thought this light would be good for my application in a nano reef but said it might be too much. That's the reason I went with the dimmable. I've read one review that had nothing but compliments and good things to say about this light. I found it on Amazon.

I currently have these lights. I've read a few reviews about them catching on fire.
I also wonder about longevity.

I currently have these lights. I've read a few reviews about them catching on fire.
I also wonder about longevity.

Fire? What's up with that?? Maybe I'll just get the SunSystems UFO I was lookin at!

I'm running 5 of them currently. No problems with them. It's like plane crashes.....you hear about the one that crashed, not the 300,000 that landed safely.

I'm running 5 of them currently. No problems with them. It's like plane crashes.....you hear about the one that crashed, not the 300,000 that landed safely.

Yea good call. Guess its about perspective. That being said, would 2 of these suffice for a 75 gallon tank, with intentions of a mixed reef?

Shall do. They are in my work email. I think. Once I get back home I'll link them for you.

I have a thread from when I first got the lights.... I feel much better about them now than I did then. There seems to be some discussion on heatsinks vs fans for cooling. I was also unable to find PAR ratings for the fixture. All of that being said it is fairly easy to find the success stories from people using them .

Back
Top Bottom