taotronics dimmable led light fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thorn Walthall

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm in the market for a new fixture to turn my fowlr into a reef tank its 220 gal its 60"l 30"w 22"d im not really sure what type of fixture I need I'm up for anything t5ho metal halide or led my price range is around 300-400 I was recommend on this sight the taotronics fixture but after reading reviews on them the fans are super loud so any help or insight will be appreciated

It will be hard for that price range I mean 220 is big I remember the t5 fixture for my 4' tank cost like 500 bucks from aquacave and that was just the aquatic life 6 bulb

Several reefers in this forum use this fixture and rave about it. I would highly suggest them off of their reviews. They will chime in here at some point.

Lol just wait for them >_>
And I've been doing research for my 37 gallon and ive been considering these.
/follows

I have one of the non dimmable fixtures and while it is very very bright it is a bit noisy. :-(

Do you have a canopy? That will really muffle the sound of the fans.

Are you sure those are your tank dimensions? That's not 220g. Might not need as much light as you think.

If the dimensions are 6' and not 60" then it is about 200+- the dimensions you gave are 171gallons.

I have 3 of the taotronics fixtures over my 96" 180 only one had loud fans I changed them out with some 3.75 in 55 cfm fans from radio shack (9$ each) from 10 feet away you cant hear them
PS put some blue lock-tite on the nuts that hold the fans as they do loosen and rattle.

Its a 200 gal with a 20 gal sump which to me that makes 220 but I didn't start this thread to discuss my tank size was to get some info on light fixtures

Look in to the reefbreeders value fixtures. Very similar in design to the tao tronics, but the guy runing the shop is a great guy and has a 2 year warranty on his fixtures. I've heard that getting warranty work on those ebay fixtures is nearly impossible once they're sold.

Back
Top Bottom