TaoTronics TT-GL002 how many?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive read a bunch of reviews on these and the only con I find is the noise... Which unless its really loud I wont even hear it cause I will have overflow to sump noise anyway. SOOO my question is how many fixtures will i need for my 40G breeder? 36" long...

That and from what I read I would be able to keep pretty much whatever I want with them?

Thanks.

I have 3 over a 180g. I'd say 1 should be fine. And I have clams, sps, lps, and softies with mine, plus 6 nem's with no issues. Fans are not that loud...

I actually just switched to a 46 gallon bow today cause the breeder was leaking... Anyway its still 36" but it's 20" deep... How high should the lights hang from the water?

h8z2luze said:
I actually just switched to a 46 gallon bow today cause the breeder was leaking... Anyway its still 36" but it's 20" deep... How high should the lights hang from the water?

7 inches and it's 22" deep (2" sand bed) I'd go 10 " for you. After sand it'll be a lot shallower.

h8z2luze said:
How long have you been running them? Would it hurt to get two?

I've been running them for quite awhile. My thread kio 3.0 has the pics and everything to show progress. Two should be fine.

This is a tough decision on a three foot tank. Personally I would go with one. Hanging 10 inches or more above the water will get it enough spread. These things are so powerful.

Doesn't matter if your hood is tall enough to get them as far as they need to be off of the water. I had to make my own hanging kit for mine to be able to get them 11 inches off the water. I made my canopy though so I doubt most canopies will be able to accommodate it.

Back
Top Bottom