Tap Water Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I wondered if anyone has used this (the aquarium pharmacutacls one)device or not. I was in the process of getting an RO/DI then read about this thing. I read that it works very well although you have to replace the filter often. Any Ideas?

IMO there is no way one of those can be as good as a ro/di. This is one area where you do not want to cut corners to save a few bucks. JMO

Don't waste your money. Go RO/DI, they will take out almost everything, including PO4.

RO/DI is the best way to clean pure water. I strongly suggest you look at AquaFX whom is a sponsor of ours. They produce one of the highest quality RO units on the market. Many include inline TDS meeters as well as pressure gauges so you know if your unit is operating at peek performance.

It's just DI, without the RO. This will remove charged particles, but not the larger uncharged particles the RO takes out.

The only reason to buy one of those is for small tanks like 10 gallons or smaller.
it takes like an hour for it to get 10 gallons of purified water ( not very good purified water) it may sound cheap but it does a really abd job and it only does about 100 gallons and oyu have to get a new cartridge which is 30 sum buxs.

flamingonhot said:
The only reason to buy one of those is for small tanks like 10 gallons or smaller.
it takes like an hour for it to get 10 gallons of purified water ( not very good purified water) it may sound cheap but it does a really abd job and it only does about 100 gallons and oyu have to get a new cartridge which is 30 sum buxs.
At that rate, save some containers and get wal-mart water machine water for 33 cents a gallon. It's actually RO, (last maintenance sticker I saw said 7 TDS.)

Back
Top Bottom