Temperature Control with Python System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyrican

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am curious as to the methods people use to get water to the correct temp before refilling the tank with a Python. Is it pretty much "let the water run, constantly adjusting" or is there a more accurate/faster way. Am I making this complicated? Also, do you normally adjust the temp before you start to clean, or right before you refill?

you could python the water into a tub or something and put a heater in. then like bucket the water frmo the tub into the tank..

i dont have a python so i dont really know.. im still on the bucket thingy :)

a dedicated make-up water 'tempering' tank with a heater and a pump is about the only practical way to avoid wrestling with faucet adjustments.

Before I refill the tank I hold a digital thermometer under the faucet to check the temp and make sure it's the same as the tank temp.

Works great. :D

needa let the water run for about a minute because the water may not have warmed up all the way yet.

What I did was I took one of those stick-on thermometers and stuck it to the python. Then, I basically let the hot water run to its hottest point and regulate with cold water. Again, I just hate to see all that water wasted. I'm just cheap, that's all. :)

Jchillin said:
For the record, more water is wasted during a shower than could ever be lost by adjusting the temps for our precious tanks.

I know. :lol: :lol:

As I said before, I'm just cheap. Thanks for the advice, though.

lol he probally takes baths :) err still you need to fill up the bath, so its about the same

I can feel the temperature by sticking my hand in the water... I usually adjust it after I have the water removed from the tank.. turning the hot water on during so it has time to get up to be adjustable and then adjust it before I refilled. HTH :mrgreen:

Im a FINatic already.. 8O LOL

I do exactly what oscarbreeder does. Works like a charm.
My tank is on the 3rd floor of my house, so I open the hot all the way,let it run for a minute or so and then start adjusting back to I reach the temp I want.

Thx,

dave

Back
Top Bottom