Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-21-2005, 10:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Temperature Control with Python System

I am curious as to the methods people use to get water to the correct temp before refilling the tank with a Python. Is it pretty much "let the water run, constantly adjusting" or is there a more accurate/faster way. Am I making this complicated? Also, do you normally adjust the temp before you start to clean, or right before you refill?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Liberty -JFK
fishyrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 12:23 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
you could python the water into a tub or something and put a heater in. then like bucket the water frmo the tub into the tank..

i dont have a python so i dont really know.. im still on the bucket thingy

Old 05-22-2005, 09:07 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

a dedicated make-up water 'tempering' tank with a heater and a pump is about the only practical way to avoid wrestling with faucet adjustments.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks. I just really hate to think of all that water going down the drain while I try to figure out the temp.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Liberty -JFK
Old 05-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
Before I refill the tank I hold a digital thermometer under the faucet to check the temp and make sure it's the same as the tank temp.

Works great.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/kyman_33/sig.jpg
oscarbreeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 03:32 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

needa let the water run for about a minute because the water may not have warmed up all the way yet.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:22 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What I did was I took one of those stick-on thermometers and stuck it to the python. Then, I basically let the hot water run to its hottest point and regulate with cold water. Again, I just hate to see all that water wasted. I'm just cheap, that's all.

Old 05-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

For the record, more water is wasted during a shower than could ever be lost by adjusting the temps for our precious tanks.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:16 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchillin
For the record, more water is wasted during a shower than could ever be lost by adjusting the temps for our precious tanks.
I know.

As I said before, I'm just cheap. Thanks for the advice, though.

Old 05-22-2005, 06:19 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol he probally takes baths err still you need to fill up the bath, so its about the same

Tags
control, python, stem, system, temperature

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com