Test Kit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pitbull

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I was wondering if this is okay for my tests? I have been doing the cycle since monday and my ammonia level has been the same then i tested for nitrites just then with the ammonia and this is what levels i got. They both seem to be the highest levels. Could you tell me if they are correct or if i need to do a water change thanks :)

IMG_0144.jpg

You are in the beginning of your cycle. If it were me I';d do a water change to get the ammonia to a readable level. Do you have any nitrates yet?

How big is your tank? What did you use for an ammonia source? Dead shrimp or actual ammonia? Do you have any fish in the tank or anything else alive?

Ok. Do about a 30% to 50% water change. test again and your ammonia should be down to around 4ppm whihc is excellent for cycling. It will also lower your trites to a more readable level.

Youre in the right direction, you just have to wait for the ammonia to go down to zero, with no water changes and keep dosing until your nitrites also go down to 0 on their own.

I only recommend a water change now so you can see the levels more clearly and you can see where you are in a cycle. i would also test for nitrates now on occassion, you';ve got all the bacteria you need but not out in enough force yet.

You'll get there!

Nice, now just leave it be for awhile. I would test ever morning when I was cycling. If the ammonia goes down to 0 make sure you add ammonia back in to make it 4ppm.

One day in the future youll wake up and both ammonia and nitrites will be 0 with out doing anything! It's so cool.

Let us know if you need anything else. :)

The forum is here to help. :-D

Just when the levels drop. you wanna keep them between 2ppm and 4ppm ideally. Thats why i test in the am cause you can does up the ammonia if needed and it gives it a whole day to eat it!

aww just helping. You'll do the same after you get it all down. :-D

Good luck, make sure you post when you have a breakthrough!

Back
Top Bottom