Test kit for color blind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turbo V6 Camaro

Aquarium Advice Activist
yeah i can't tell on these dang things any kits with vastly different colors for the levels?

After talking with someone that is color blind and really into aquariums I found out that all tests seem to cause problems to a degree for him. He found someone to help read the tests. They don't have to actually know what the tests are showing just the colors.

Salt or Fresh water?
I'm color blind (blue/green) but have trouble using the Salifert test kits which have a sharp color change. You then read how much tiration fluid is left in the syringe and you have your reading.
A pH meter works for that.

Same here... I lucked out, my wife can see colors quite well. im red/green colorblind which makes it very hard on my api kit to distinguish some of the results on ammonia and nitrate, and sometimes ph.

I'm not colorblind, but I find the API nitrate test kit is kinda hard to tell when the level gets over 10... I know I'm at 20 because a 50% wc brings me back to10, but I would still like to be able to know the right way.

On the hagen liquid tests, it says it is for both fresh and salt water. Not sure if it really is sufficient for salt though..
But I must say, even with me not being colour-blind, I find both Hagen and API colours tough to figure out!!
Maybe its just me...

Back
Top Bottom