Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-03-2006, 05:47 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
Originally Posted by richiestang_78
Ill probably just get online sometiem soon since I have to order some suppliues anyway.
Well, if you have more stuff to buy - then PetSmart is offering Free Shipping on orders over $50. If that's any help.

Good luck!

25g Marineland Eclipse (30w T-8 ):
- java ferns, anacharis, corkscrew vals, giant hygros, marimo balls, java moss
- zebra danios (5), otos (2), others TBD

6g Marineland Eclipse (8w T-5):
- anacharis, asian ambulia, java moss
- white cloud mountain minnows (10 = 6-7 inches total)
noncentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:48 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I did this same thing when I got my AP FW Master Test kit. I printed the info off their site, took it to a store, and they price-matched it. They told me they'd only price-match something from their own website as I'd found it a bit cheaper on other sites....not by much though. I don't know that you'd have to actually show them something, but just in case they are "difficult" about it I'd print something out and take it in. So, if you're going to order stuff off the site and don't want to wait...you could always try this!

jbirdag96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I used to use tabs, but bought the Freshwater Master's kit and will never go back! It's great. It's easier to see the colour differences and it's a lot more accurante.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to tropicfishman
stick with AP test kits, heres what I use for my tanks ever since I started years ago:

all AP test kits by the way:

PH ( standard range )
GH+ KH hradness

I ordered mine from www.Thatpetplace.com they were all under 6 bucks and only cost like 40 bucks incuding shipping, I would buy the individuals though, I'm not a big fan of crossing the test tubes for other kits with each other, this way you can keep them all together in each box, plsu you get alot more test with the individuals than you do with the master test kits, I would also steer away from any dry tab kits and go with liquid reagent and color titration, alot more accurate, and never use anything chemical addivites to alter you PH do it through water changes or limestone, things like that, its alot easier on the fish, any questions feel free to PM me
I love my clown loaches and red tail shark!!! lol
tropicfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:33 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got my MAster test kit for 12 bucks and its freakin awesome. Funny though all the toxic warning on the labels, wouldnt have thought the chemicals were so harmful.

richiestang_78 is offline   Reply With Quote

test, test kit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com