Test kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lawngnome

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need to buy a new liquid test kit, just wondering what brand and type to get. I have freshwater tanks and curious what brands you found to be the best value.

API master liquid drop is the best you can buy in a regular retail outlet.

There are others from specialty stores online and catelogues, but the price goes WAY up.

API Master TEST Kit
Available @ Petsmart, Petco, Or online Stores

Freshwater Master Test Kit
This kit tests tap water and aquarium water for five different parameters that affect the health of freshwater fish: pH, High Range pH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate. Highly accurate and economical. Unique, transparent dome allows clear view of contents. Includes all tests required to test the nitrogen cycle. Kit includes computer-calibrated and laminated color cards, 4 glass test tubes and holding tray. Also contains complete, step-by-step instruction booklet, including information on how to correct unsafe water conditions. Compact and easy to store. Over 800 tests.
Mini pH Test Kit
pH control is imperative to prevent the harmful effects of overly alkaline or acidic aquarium water on fish and plant life. This test is for freshwater and tests pH levels of 6.0 to 7.6. Contains 250 tests.
Mini Nitrite Test Kit
Toxic nitrite is produced by nitrifying bacteria in the biological filter as it breaks down ammonia. This kit tests for harmful nitrite and measures levels from 0 to 5.0 ppm. Contains 180 tests.
Hardness & KH Mini Test Kit
Tests tap water and freshwater aquariums for general hardness (GH) and carbonate hardness (KH). Helps detect stress on fish caused by rapid pH shifts, which result from low KH levels and helps aquarists duplicate the natural habitat of their fish. 100 tests per kit.
Made in the USA.

Freshwater Master Test Kit - Over 800 tests
Mini pH Test Kit - 250 tests
Mini Nitrite Test Kit - 180 tests
Hardness & KH Mini Test Kit - 100 tests

API Master Test Kit it is. Thanks guys I appreciate it!

I purchased one online at Dr. F&S on sale for $20 on Wednesday along with some other stuff since shipping doesn't change with how much you buy.

Back
Top Bottom