Test kits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joemama16341

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is the best test kit to get and read accurately. I currently have the basic test kit. I am not exactly sure the brand but the book says Saltwater Master Liquid Test kit. I have found that it is hard to tell the difference in the colors. I also noticed that the test tubes do not seal tight causing them to leak while shaking them. What a mess. I am thinking about buying a whole new kit cause I need to get a reef testing kit and would like if all my test kits were the same brand. I am kinda looking at a ReaSea test kit. What do you think?

Stick with Salifert or seachem test kits. The Red Sea kits are pretty bad. So bad in my opinion that i will be removing them from my site soon.

Can I ask why you don't like Redsea test kits? I have the basic saltwater test kit by aquarium pharmaceuticals inc and a calcium test kit by Red Sea. I want to have all my test kits be the same brand for easy use. I see that seachem makes alot more test kits then salifert or redsea does. I guess my actual question is what tests should I really be doing. Or do I really need to buy all these test kits looks like it would cost 150 or so to get them all. I plan on adding some coral next month and want to have everything in order before doing it.

I don't like RedSea test kits because I've seen sooooo many reports of wildly inaccurate kits. You can't have that with a reef setup. Thus I only use SeaChem or Salifert on my reef tank. SeaChem Basic Marine kit, SeaChem Reef Status Calcium test kit, and Salifert Magnesium test kit. About $75 worth of test kits, and worth every penny.

Red sea test kits are simple to use but horribley innaccurate. I have been so dispointed with them that i will not be selling them soon

Back
Top Bottom