Test Strips Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

midwestsmoke74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a ridiculous situation. I bought a big package of Tetra 5-in-1 test strips and i managed to lose the color chart. I was wondering if i can find the colors online anywhere?

I did a google search and couldn't find the actual chart online, but maybe this is a blessing in disguise. The test strips aren't all that accurate, you're better off with the Aquarium Pharmaceticals Master Test Kit. If you print out the ad from Petsmart most of the stores will match the price
http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...ter&In=All&previousText=freshwater+master&N=2
its $13.49 online - that's a great price. And you'll get many more tests out of it than the 25 with the test strip kit.

I would concur with the AP test kit. My gf has the 5 in 1 for her 10 gallon and it's much less accurate than my AP kit, especially once the strips have been exposed to the air. I was informed at PetSmart that they regularly practice matching web prices to in-store prices. Go now because I was told the 13.49 price is temporary because they are clearing out the old cardboard packing to the 'new' plastic packaging which is a little more expensive. They should still match the price on the new kit with that price though, at least they did for me. Plus the price per test is much cheaper than the test strips when using the vial/drops method.

Back
Top Bottom