Tetra auto temp heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought the tetra auto temp heater (10G-30G Version) Its in my tank and it has a indicator light well my temp gauge says the water is like 50 degrees... and the heater only comes on for like 10 minutes or less then shuts off is this normal? Its only been in there for like 2 hours I would think it should stay on until the water reaches 78 degrees like it says...

turns on heats up the coils turns off waits for them to cool back down and turns back on. what temp is the room?

It just hit me how the heck is the tank temp 48-50 degrees?? Its like 70 or more in my apt. I went and checked my thermometer and its junk lol put it in HOT water and it didn't move and I didn't notice but the red was coming from the top not the bottom where the source is. USER ERROR I guess. Thanks for the reply though. The tank probably is the right temp and I never knew it cause my thermometer sucked haha.

ya when i put it in the hot water some red rose from the bottom and there was a space between it and the red in the top. Like a bubble? Its just the normal suction cup glass ones.

EDIT: here is a pic...

6jlnhv.jpg

Ya im pretty sure it is i threw it away going to get another one tomorrow.

just out of curiosity, is that the heater right next to the thermometer? make sure you put it on the other side of the tank when you get one that actually works lol... i always keep my heater close to my filter so it "churns" up the heated water and distributes it more equally

yep my heater is next to my filter and the thermometer is on the other side.

Got another thermometer and its right at 78 so I guess the heater does work well.

Back
Top Bottom