Tetra EX1200 or APS 1400ex+/2000ex+??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, i am currently running a Tetra EX700 on my 55g(understocked community) which i am very happy with but i am thinking of upgrading very soon. Did a bit of research and have narrowed it down to 2, the EX1200 or an APS1400ef+/2000ef+. My budget is 140 Euro(about $200-not sure it's too revealent as can't ship from US, cost/power supply. All advice/opinions welcomes...Ian

Hello ian,

I'm not familiar with the Tetratec filter, but a good rule is to go with 10x the tank size in gallons per hour when working with a hang-on-back filter and 5x when working with a canister filter.

David

Hello ian,

I'm not familiar with the Tetratec filter, but a good rule is to go with 10x the tank size in gallons per hour when working with a hang-on-back filter and 5x when working with a canister filter.

David
Thanks David, the tetra ex700 doesn't seem to be popular/available in the US. I have a 200ltr and the manufacturer flow rate is 700plh and used for tanks up to 250ltr (i know not to believe that now!) so i stupidly bought the 700 instead of the 1200...I will be upgrading after Christmas, i'll wait and check out the January sales!!...Thanks..Ian:banghead::banghead:

Back
Top Bottom