Tetra Tec filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just went to a LFS and saw the Tetra Tec 150 filter. It was only $30 after tax for the filter and 100 watt heater that goes inside filter. I will be setting up a 25 gal FOWLR next month. I was going to use an aquaclear hob to put carbon in. Now I plan on using this filter with the heater and just carbon instead of the filter cartridges. Has anyone used the Tetra Tec filter? I just thought it would be better than having the filter and the heater in my tank. I have no room to make a sump that I could put heater in. I just wanted to know what other people experienced with this filter. For $30 I figured I would give it a try. Thanks!
Jim

I used it on my seahorse tank for the very reasons you described, heater out of the tank worked great in this instance. Mine was on a 40 cube. That is a good price as well.

I was tempted to buy more. I have a 40 cube goldfish tank and a 46 gal discus tank. They also had the tetra tec 300 for the same price. I thought it would be too much for a 25 gal tank. I have aquaclear filters on both of those tanks and they work great. What do you put in your tetra tec? Do you just use the cartridges?

I actually made an insert for it for carbon useage back then...nothing but carbon

Back
Top Bottom