Tetra Whisper 30 filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nkoyko

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have any experience with this filter? I just got a used 10g aquarium for free and the guy who gave me the aquarium also gave me his filter. I have only used the smaller whisper 3i (which is nothing similar to the 30). Is it worth it to keep this filter or should I just trash it and get a different filter?

Personally I'd get a filter that's a bit better quality such as a Fluval.

I've had a tiny whisper in various small tanks and it's not the greatest. Not to mention the lack of space inside them.

If there is any chance it still has bacteria on it I would run it along with a new filter for a while.

Caleb

I was thinking of just getting an Aquaclear. I have one already and love it. Plus I would already have the filter media for it.

I have the whisper 3i and absolutely hate it! I stopped buying the inserts and stuffed some filter foam down in it but it has been in a tank for months and still hasn't cycled nor does it even filter any water that I can tell.

It honestly looks like the guy used the filter in a salt water setup so and it looks really old so I'm going to guess there isn't any useful bacteria there for me to use in the freshwater planted setup.

I should state that the tank itself is newer and was only used for freshwater but the extras he gave me all have a salt stain on them (filter, heater, some other misc junk that I haven't had time to go through because I'm at school at the moment and my professors would probably give me funny looks for going through an aquarium in the middle of class).

Back
Top Bottom