Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Thanks Guys

I finally got my sump working. I had a few problems but with your guys help I got it working. At first I had all sorts of fanty chambers and such in my sump tank, they were held together by silicone. As soon as the pressure built, they bent and eventually broke loose. Why? Because Its all made of acrylic. The one wall I have is being held by LR and zip ties. Its only purpose is to stop the plant alge from growing into the pump. Eventually I want to build a 14 gal out of glass with chambers and such, but I dont got the money right now. The tank I used was just sitting around, with the bowed front it fits perfectly under my tank. I built the overflow myself as well (the hardest part for some reason) ended up costing me roughly 30$, but thats only because I had a few faild prototypes as I like to call them. Please tell me If you notice anything wrong or that I might want to change. Thanks guys, finding this site has saved my tank in many ways, thanks again.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search