To those who have this tank - have you had trouble with the light? My light stopped working after I didn't use it for a week or so (kept it off to try to combat some algae). It was one of those screw-in fluorescent lights. The only thing I can think of is that condensation somehow got inside the light fixture housing and screwed with the wiring, because I let it dry for a bit and then tried the light again - the light worked for about 10 minutes, then I heard a loud POP and the light went out again.
I have the light out of the socket and the hood off the tank to dry out - hopefully it's not totally shot :-/
Had same problem with the LED light on my 5.5 gallon crescent. Took it to the LFS and the guy took the top off and said it was just a loose wire at the switch. Said he'd seen it before. Easy fix and free! Has had no problems for the last 3 months.