Think I broke my light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Da Squid

Aquarium Advice Freak
I run a Current USA nova fixture with two 54w T5 bulbs. One of them burned out so I tried to replace it. This is done by twisting the bulb on each end till the plastic sockets do a quarter turn and release the bulb's prongs.

These plastic sockets are stuck. I tried every tool I could to gently turn these things but nothing worked. Then I grew impatient and muscled it a bit. Rather than turning the sockets I just twisted the two metal bulb prongs together. And now it's really all stuck (and probably a fire hazard)!

I'm guessing this is probably irreparable? I was thinking of upgrading to a four bulb system anyway. Any tips on good ones for a planted freshwater tank?

I think i might go for the aqualife 48" quad light. It has some bells and whistles I don't need (LED lights) but seems to be a much safer name brand than the Current Nova Extreme. Plus my favorite LFS is selling it so my plants can have light by tonight.

I've been searching the internet for a while and haven't seen any really good deals on name brand fixtures that are in stock.

Back
Top Bottom