Thinking of buying Eheim classic 2215

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilminded

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just want to get feed back for anyone that uses this. It is priced for my liking and it will be used on a 45 gallon tank. The flow is not where I want it to be but close enough. Just trying to get reviews from people that us it.

i use it and love it, i would not use anything else. Priming is also very easy if you do it right, their are vidoes on youtube that will show you the easiest way of doing it.

true the flow is not as strong as comparable canisters, though this is because with the eheim classic their is 0 bypass, meaning 100% of the water that goes through it gets filtered, unlike other canisters that will allow some water to bypass the filter media to keep up that high flow.

id also recommend getting some silicone lubricant, so you can lube the O-ring everytime you have to take the top off to ensure you have a 100% seal, and o-ring will last you for years (should be done on all canisters regardless of brand that use an o-ring). dont use vaseline, that will wear down the o-ring faster in the long run.

any other questions just let me know!

i use it and love it, i would not use anything else. Priming is also very easy if you do it right, their are vidoes on youtube that will show you the easiest way of doing it.

true the flow is not as strong as comparable canisters, though this is because with the eheim classic their is 0 bypass, meaning 100% of the water that goes through it gets filtered, unlike other canisters that will allow some water to bypass the filter media to keep up that high flow.

id also recommend getting some silicone lubricant, so you can lube the O-ring everytime you have to take the top off to ensure you have a 100% seal, and o-ring will last you for years (should be done on all canisters regardless of brand that use an o-ring). dont use vaseline, that will wear down the o-ring faster in the long run.

any other questions just let me know!

Thanks! Is there any name brand lubricant you recommend?

I almost bought eheim classic myself since they're so popular on rimless tank builds with lily pipes. After carefully researching, i came to the conclusion that those canisters are way too antiquated in design for my taste. I went with a Fluval 106 canister. I loved it so much i also bought a Fluval 306. Both have been excellent. Quiet and they've been superb in keeping my aquariums crystal clear.

More selling points for me are the self priming, flow control, and modular design that makes maintenance and media customization a breeze. These were lacking in the Eheim... Lastly, I've read numerous complaints with hobbyists' experience dealing with Eheim's customer service. I've dealt with Fluval for inquiries and they've been swift to respond. Anyway... That's my experience and 2 Pennies.

Back
Top Bottom