Thoughts on AC drip water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lectraplayer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What are your thoughts on AC drip water for use in my aquarium? My first thoughts are around lead from the solder in the water, but if it's there, my test kit is not finding it. It seems like it's fairly pure, but then again, it's practically distilled water. Obviously, I would need to add Flourish or something to make sure it isn't "too clean" for the tank.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Since people have actually gotten legionnaires disease from improperly maintained ac systems, I would not put it in my tank. Simple question... Would you drink a glass of it yourself?

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A/C condensation water is Nasty IMO have you ever looked inside the slimy pipe it comes out of , on top of that it smells like rotten eggs a lot of the time lol

My AC drain is clean and I've seen dripping faucets on utility water that have been much nastier than any condensate drain I have seen (and I have seen some rough ones). So far, barring heavy metals I am not detecting, I would consider AC drip water as possibly being potable.

And the CT crew has chimed in again lmao... Hey tree, pm me with an email address, I think we work similar enough fields to be of benefit to each other

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's my other thread. We really need a moderator to merge the two. I'm also not advocating for using this water, but I do want to evaluate it. I understand the concerns but my test kits are not backing those concerns up right now. What else should I check?

Back
Top Bottom