Ticking and knockong from my fluval???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounds like it has air in it. Try pumping the priming button a couple times and "gently" rock the canister back and forth. If a lot of air comes out and it's still making noise you need to remove the canister, empty the water, the rehook it up the same way you would after you clean it. Then it will usually prime itself just fine and the rattling stops. There is one other thing... I've had small snails, especially Malaysian Trumpet Snails with their harder shells, get up in the motor and cause problems.

Or might just need cleaning. Or the ceramic impeller shaft is broken. I have had very poor luck with fluval/aquaclear/hagen products. I don't buy anything associated with hagen products anymore. Just too many bad experiences. I have an ac110 and a fluval 405 taking up space in my storage room that I need to throw away. I'd give them away, but the only 2 people that I dislike that much don't keep fish.

I've been using Fluval canisters since the 80's and never have had any problems. Like all products there are always some bad ones that just don't work right.

Back
Top Bottom