Timer help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobbieHadley

Aquarium Advice Freak
Setting up my first planted tank and wanting to make sure I get the same amount of lighting each day so Im going to get a timer. I would prefer one that has an option to do 2 separate timers so that i can do day and night lights. Any recommendations on a good timer?

Depending on a budget.. A timer that controls multiple lights separately, at different time, will cost a pretty penny ($50 and up). Or a cheaper version, just get a double pack of basic digital timers from Home Depot or any hardware store for like $15!

haha yea I don't want to spend $50+ bucks lol Id rather put that money towards getting a better lighting system. Home Depot it is for multiple timers :) Thanks for the info :thanks:

No problem. I have 2 timers too, for day and night lights. One is digital, another is manual dial up style. Manual is cheaper. They both work flawless, turn lights on and off. The digital does it a little more quiet... I think I paid $3 for dial up and $14 for digital, almost no difference..

Awesome! I think Ill probably go Digital lol. Do you mind me asking what brand(s) you went with?

Perfect, thanks! It says they're even in stock at my local store so Im gonna head down and check them out. Thanks for the Info, appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom