Titanium heaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnPaul

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking around to get a new heater for my tank--no emergency, just that all I have is a 100W in a 29 gal tank, which does fine for raising tank temp just a few degrees, but for long-term stability I'd like to get a 150W heater.

Anyways, in the course of looking online at heaters I have noticed some ads for titanium heaters--no glass involved. Anyone ever use one of these? Thoughts?

I dont have any heaters, i use th lights to warm up my tank now-That soon will change. But, i have a friend that has 50+ tiatuim heaters.

Via-Aqua Makes some exceelent ones, i never liekd glass heater due to the fact that thye could shatter. Tiatanuim ones are an exceeltn choice and wont shatter.

I would buy a Via-Aqua 150Watt. Cost Is 18.99 through Live.Aquariu.com

JMHO

I have a titanium heater in my tank and i love it its great in my opinion you should definitely get one.

I am using a won Brothers Pro Heat II titanium heater @ 250W and let me tell you .. this is just an awesome heater!

Highly recommended ... it has a seperate part that goes into your tank and should be placed at least 12" from your heater (or any heater you have) ... anyways ... this is your thermometer for the heater and on the thermostat, it actually shows the temperature reading of it. it is just awesome!

I use the Won Pro Heat II's on all my tanks and all my customer's tanks. They have been excellent so far. I highly recommend them.

thanks for all the input everyone. Next question is, best place online to order these at the best price?

I've had four URL's recommended in this thread so far. A status report...

1. Live.Aquariu.com -- does not exist. If there is a typo, I am not sure what the correct URL is supposed to be here.
2. LiveAqauri.com -- does not exist. Tried "LiveAquari.com", that just gives a list of other sponsored links., as does LiveAquarium.com.
3. Etropicals.com -- great site, but they don't list heaters anywhere.
4. Bigals.com -- does not exist. Sure it should be "Bigalsonline.com." The only titaniums they sell are the Via-Aqua ones, which some seem to have problems with.

So while I appreciate all the help in trying to find a good source for these online, so far the help hasn't been entirely that helpful. :roll:

I just yesterday bought/ordered two Won Brothers "Pro Heat Unbreakable Titanium IC Aquarium Heaters (w/ Remote), Size: 300 Watts", from ForYourFish.com.
They were only $22.99 each and S/H was $7.95.
I researched these and other "Titanium" heaters and found this brand to IMO have the best reputation.
There was one online retailer who had them for less money, but I did not like their sales agreement, "All sales FINAL", so i took my business elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom