To all fluval canister filter users?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahboy22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
To all fluval canister filter users. After hearing so much good reviews about it, I finally got a Fluval 304. I have a 46g with a whisper 60 on it right now. So, I was just curious what do Fluval owner here use for their media & configuration method. I know my filtration might sounds way overkill but eventually I known I will be getting more tanks. I am thinking of using Filter Floss(mechanical) on the Low tray, Carbon(Chemical) in the Med tray & BioMax(Biological) on the Top tray.

Appreciate if anyone can share their experience & advice with the fluval canister filter.

:D

I have a the old 403.. I dont have it set up right now but if I did it would be full of bio-rings and have a sponge on the intake for mechanical filtration..

I've got the 404 and use biomax on top, followed by filter floss, then carbon and zeolite, then those octagon shaped ceramic rocks for mechanical & biological filtration. Works for my 65 gal tank quite nicely.

greenmaji said:
I have a the old 403.. I dont have it set up right now but if I did it would be full of bio-rings and have a sponge on the intake for mechanical filtration..

lol im using the old 403 right now :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom