TOM Aqua Lifter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone had any experience with this pump?

I actually need it to pump condensate from the floral refrigerator at our store. (I may be posting in the wrong forum site :clown: But it IS an aquarium pump.) Right now it just drains into a bucket that I have to empty all the time, so I thought maybe I can use the Aqua Lifter to pump water to a drain in the back of the store. The only concern I have is its ability to pump water over about 30' of airline tubing. The line will travel along the floor so its not really a problem with height, just distance.

If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.

I use that pump for my auto top off. It is a slow pump so it depends on how fast your condensate accumulates. I think I want to say that it will pump 2 gallons in an hour or so.

mine works great to keep my overflow clear of air.. not so sure about 30 feet, but heck.. they are only 15 bucks or so.

worth a try.

Well I was gonna use a power head and a float switch (with a relay and stuff) but I didn't want the pump to be able to burn out. The rate of water output from the refrigerator is not even a constant drip so I think the aqua lifter will be able to move enough water. Now that I'm thinking about it, the max head height is 30" but it will be pumping the water at 0". (empties into a floor drain)

I think I'll try it this weekend.

Thanks everyone for your help.

why use a pump at all? drill a hole in the bottom of bucket, insert tube into hole and let the self leveling water do the work. the water wont get higher than the hole in the bucket unless it clogs.

Sparky: Yes, I have seen that at home depot (today actually xD) but I didn't want to spend a ton on it. Plus I just like making random stuff and somehow making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Fisheggs: Clogging is somewhat of an issue I guess. I would make it gravity fed (or drained actually..) , but I have to make it "invisible" so airline tubing will work best (which wont allow for higher flow if there is more condensate.)

It's still just an idea. I just hate having to empty the bucket. :D

lots of larger sized clear vinyl tubing at the home center to reduce risk of clogging which btw even with the pump, clogging would still be an issue.

True true. I don't know, like I said it's still just an idea. Tomorrow I'll look into larger tubing though.

Update to anyone that cares:

I got the pump and put it on a timer. It worked well and emptied the sump rather quickly. But today I decided to just attach the tubing to the drain pan and leave it at that. So far so good. (Now I can use the aqua lifter for my ATO system! :D)

Back
Top Bottom