Tool Needed for Cleaning Intake & "U Tube" of AquaClear 110...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArtesiaWells

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need a pipe cleaner-type tool to get in and scrub the brown algae that collects inside my AquaClear 110's intake tube as well as its curved "u-shaped" tube; something that is bendable to get in there and clean it out...

Anyone have any suggestions, or what can you recommend to use?

I've seen brushes that brewers use for cleaning bottles .. bristle on a bendable wire ... they might do the job. Or cut a few squares of scrubbing pad, tie them and pass the string/wire through the bend then pull it back and forth till clean ... Hope this helps :)

Try a pressure washer. Should get the job done asap. If not buy a baby bottle scrub brush from wal-mart

Take a piece of wire and put a loop in one end ( i used soild stainless steel safety wire ) then a piece of filter floss through the loop and you can snake it through almost any tube , then rinse out tube when done , worked great for me and it's free.

Eheim has a flexible brush they sell if you want to take a look at that

Thank you, all, for your gracious suggestions and tips -- I will consider them and check back...(y) (y) :thanks:

Try this tool. If you have ground on dirt in the pipe, soak it(the pipe) in 1:1 vinegar/warm water solution for an hour or two. Just run this brush through a few times and the pipe will look like new....

I have a sett I purchased at pet smart the biggest one i just bent the tip and push it in.

Back
Top Bottom