Transfer of 10 gallon to established 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshsmit56001

Aquarium Advice Freak
The lights on my 10 gallon went out yesterday and on top of that I am sick of taking care of such a small tank as well. I want to move everything to my established 30 gallon tank but the only problem I have is 1. Room and 2. I have a maroon clown in my 10 that I don't want my yellow tang in my 30 to kill. I am think that by adding more rocks and changing the tank a bit that it should change the territories so they won't fight. Will this work??

Tanks,
Josh

Your not going to like the solution but it's the best overall, return the tang. A tang of any species should not be housed in such a small tank. Minimum should be a 75 gal but at the very least a 4 ft tank with enough swimming/growth room to meet it's needs. A 30 gal falls quite short of that.

Cheers
Steve

I agree with Steve. That tank is way too small for a tang. 55 is considered by most to be the smallest. You should be able to return it to where you purchased it and get a store credit. You made a good point about how to keep new additions from fighting with existing tank mates - rearrange the rocks. Good luck!

KG

Back
Top Bottom