Trim or no Trim, That is the question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemyfish79

Aquarium Advice Freak
So here is the question. that the custom size i want is $430 for acrylic or $550 for glass. The dimensions of the tank will be as follows 33" long x 16 1/2" wide x 20" high, it will be made out of all panel sheet glass because the bottom will be drilled so i can run my sump/refugium in my basement. My question is where in the world wide web can i buy the black plastic trim for this!!! I've been searching for 2 days now and glass cages . com won't let me order online. My question is do i even need the trim? I will be hanging my light and it will not be resting on my trim. I could do a euro brace but i don't like the way those look so that is out of the question. When all is said and done the tank will be roughly 47 gallons. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

So here is the question. that the custom size i want is $430 for acrylic or $550 for glass. The dimensions of the tank will be as follows 33" long x 16 1/2" wide x 20" high, it will be made out of all panel sheet glass because the bottom will be drilled so i can run my sump/refugium in my basement. My question is where in the world wide web can i buy the black plastic trim for this!!! I've been searching for 2 days now and glass cages . com won't let me order online. My question is do i even need the trim? I will be hanging my light and it will not be resting on my trim. I could do a euro brace but i don't like the way those look so that is out of the question. When all is said and done the tank will be roughly 47 gallons. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

you know those are almost the same dimensions as an acrylic 50 gallon tank;
36x15x20 and you can get those for around $250.
why a custom tank for that size?

but otherwise I don't know of anywhere to buy the frame. Maybe have one fabricated out of aluminum?

That might actually work with that size. I have to measure tonight but the reasoning behind that size is I have a ledge that sits directly over my basement where I have my 20 long sitting. Looks great up there but I want bigger haha

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just measured and that
Size is perfect!!! Thanks PB

Saved me $200 and some change, $300 if I would've had a glass one made

Nice. (y)
Glad I could help. did you get it from Marine depot?
They show a small base in the pics on their site, did your tank come with a base or just the light canopy?

I have been seriously considering getting one of those myself as it will fill a space and stand I have perfectly.
sound familiar? LOL

No base, just a 30" light canopy. I'm really scared to drill it haha. Most $ I've ever spent on a tank

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413729440.635415.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413729462.258236.jpg
20 gallon long diy sump/refugium and my painted pvc to match the back of my tank, hopefully start setting this up on Wednesday!!!

Back
Top Bottom