Trouble finding a replacement bulb for BioCube 8G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crlomancer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The daylight bulb in my 8 gallon BioCube started flickering. I was worried my daughter's poor beta was going to start having seizures, so I unplugged it. I've spent the past couple of days searching but haven't been able to source a replacement! It's just shy of 9" and 18w.

Does anyone else have one of these still running? If so, where do you get your bulbs? I found some Philips bulbs but they went to 4100 max. Thank you

I have an 8.8 gallon cube. The light worked great but the filter it was attached to was too strong. I replaced it with a simple cheap clip on light and it works great. Tje lid fits funny but my betta isn't able to jump out so it's not even a problem.

Really? Sounds like you didn’t worry about the light spectrum, color, or any of that. No issues? Do you have plants in your tank?

I've had the tank set up with this light for s couple of years. It's still an aquarium light, it just clips on to the back. I have anubias, weeping moss and hornwort in the tank and they are all doing great. I would only worry about the fancy stuff if you have high needs plants like carpeting plants.

Back
Top Bottom