trying to figure out led's still...ebay or taotronics??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellygirl55

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have figured out from previous threads I need 120w and dimmable since I already jave coral... but I'm torn between ebays Chinese knock offs and the taotronics on Amazon. .. my tank is deep which also concerns me... 27" from top waterline to sand bed... any advice before I take the plunge?

I am currently rinning 250 mh with t5's on my 120 custom

Taotronic's are all Chinese as well. Most all of them use Bridgelux LED's and do a good job. Lots of bang for the buck.

Anything I should be aware of when ordering? Or make sure it has if I go through ebay?

I would just order the Taotronics, there are almost identical fixtures all over the place, but many forum members have bought the Taotronics LEDs and like them.

There all made at the same company in China then there rebranded sold on ebay-amazon
look for the dimmable ones. As they are bright each 120 watt unit equals a 250 watt MH I learned the hard way (melted a few coral) :facepalm:

FWIW Im running 3 units over an 8 ft tank and can keep SPS happy on the sand bed. 2ft under water

Those are the same ones im running going on 20 months now and am very happy with them

Ok cool. Thanks for your help :) I am so excited! Will update when I receive

im slightly confused by the add listing on the ebay one. it says in the title and in the description that theres 2 led fixtures.... it even also says that you get 2x hanging mounts and 2x power cords. so my question is if I buy 1 order from them, do I get 1 fixture or 2? because Im going to need 3 fixtures for my 72" 125g. clearly don't want to buy 3 separate sets if theres 2 in each

I was referring to the first one but im glad you brought both up, that was my next question (how do I order just 3 units) thank you for the seond link and clarifying it
random question, would these units support sps at my sandbed? my tanks 24-27" tall.

I cooked every coral I had at the time with these lights. Corals on the sand 24" deep tank. I just got a dimmable one but so far it too is really bright even set low. I say its good enough for your depth without a doubt

Back
Top Bottom