Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thank the heavens!! It has stopped for the time being. I can't for the life of me figure it out. I'm gonna try that mod and see if that helps.

Also... Should the skimmer be really really bubbling? Or should it be going about half way up the tube and just be dumping some foam over the top and not water? It was set fine for a while then it just went haywire. Maybe the water change? I dunno... At least all I hear is a nice calm trickle of water. Ah.....

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

WOW!! inTank got right back to me twice!! Answered all my questions and assured me there is no issue. Told me to just leave it be and let it break in and of still having an issue they gave me step by step instructions on what to do and if that didn't work they gave me a tech name, email and phone number from Tunze that will assist me.

inTank is GREAT and has amazing customer service. I WILL be using them again and highly recommend them to others who are looking to trick out there nano cubes.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 02-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Glad inTank helped you. I agree about the break-in of the skimmer. The mod is easy and gives you more control of the bubbles.

For a dry skimmate = bubbles pop right at the top. Which allows the skim to carrry the junk up and then pops and it goes out.

Wet skimmate = allowing the bubbles to just over flow into cup.

I run mine a little dry but still allow small amounts of bubbles to over flow out. Its up to you which works best for your setup.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bige
Glad inTank helped you. I agree about the break-in of the skimmer. The mod is easy and gives you more control of the bubbles.

For a dry skimmate = bubbles pop right at the top. Which allows the skim to carrry the junk up and then pops and it goes out.

Wet skimmate = allowing the bubbles to just over flow into cup.

I run mine a little dry but still allow small amounts of bubbles to over flow out. Its up to you which works best for your setup.
Thanks for the info. Also today I'll be doing that mod. Just going to get the valve.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Found the video.

http://s443.photobucket.com/albums/q...n.mp4&newest=1

Old 02-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thats the one. Did you do it?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did it!! What a DIFFERENCE!!! WOW!!

Attachment 76650

Attachment 76651

Old 02-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice! It really gives you a lot more air and control. Is it quieter?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bige
Nice! It really gives you a lot more air and control. Is it quieter?
Yes much quieter!! And the ease of control is awesome. You don't have to take the upgraded inTank top off. Before the upgraded cup you see in the pic hindered you from adjusting the skimmer without taking it off. Now I can leave the cup on and adjust it the right way and actually see how high the bubbles are getting.

Before was just a HUGE pain!!

Thanks for helping me!

Tags
noise, tunze

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com