tyohoon III tds ro high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownface

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have 375tap tds i have ran the ro unit for about 10 gallons and get a tdsof 70, when i make my ro/di water i get 0tds i feel like the di is working to hard anybody have a issue with this, and yes i have e-mailed airwaterice havent herd from walter yet,and i have cleaned the tds meter with di water a few times also

Walter is real good about getting back to people with questions. Try calling him also on Monday.
I would run the unit more to give the thing a chance to break in.. If you getting a 70 on the ro end then you will be going through a lot of DI resin. I hooked up a double DI because I would burn through resin after a few hundred gallons. I now have the 8800 booster pump and I have not had to change my resin sense May. Still have a 1 on the TDS, tested and have 0 on the PO4 and nitrates also. I have heard of membranes not running at 100% right out of the box, so maybe the membrane is bad... Give Walter a chance to get back too you.. Great customer service at AWI.
TDS meters usually come calibrated so that should not be a issue, but stranger things have happened. AWI has calibration fluid..

Seachem

How did you hook up a second DI? Im running into the same problem in running through filters in general..How does a second one help?

its seaham.. :)

I bought a housing and some of the tubing and just hooked it in after the first DI, very easy.
If your water is high in PO4 or nitrates that first DI may have problems handling it so the 2nd will pick up anything that passes the first unit.
When its time to change resin I move the 2nd into the 1st spot and then add the new resin into the 2nd spot. Works well... Don't know what your water pressure is but if its low adding a booster pump will probably save you money. I have not had to change any filters sense adding the pump in May. still have a 1 on the TDS..

WOW! I think I might look into this. Apparently I DO have a lot of PO4 issues with my water and as a matter of fact remember hearing the city was going to add a lot of chlorine for a 2-3 week period of time in the summer so no telling what all they did.
This is a great method you have. Was wondering how you would do that - but switching the 2nd DI into the first is a great idea. I think we have good water pressure here so I will look into doing this. Appears all I need is a housing as I have some tubing...Ebay here I come! :wink:

i like the idea of 2 di filters i dont have a booster pump i live on well water and the pressure ranges from 20-40 psi but that should not effect the tds coming out of my ro water

the low water won't effect the TDS, it will effect the filters life span. At least that has been my experiance.
I have a well also, 35-55 and it was part of my filter life issues.

Back
Top Bottom