Ultimate Gravel Vac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spongebob69

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone have any experience with this product? It's a bit cheaper than the python everyone raves about and I was curious if this might be a cheaper alternative.

Its basically the same thing-even the parts are interchangable. I bought the lee brand several years ago and have broken the pump a couple of times and just order the replacement python pump online. It works the same although the gravel vacs may be slightly different. With my lee it was basically a slotted gravel vac whereas the python is open ended-which i prefer.

I just received it in the mail from superfishstore.com $21.00 I've also been told parts are interchangeable with python. Have yet to use it. pennpit;why don't you like the strainer at the end?Is it because it prevents sucking up larger pieces of debri? You could probably just cut it off.

I have it, it's ok but I think I'm going to cut off the "fish saver" thing part of it. It doesn't seem to get enough of the debris with it on.

I dont think it does as good of a job with the strainer on. One of my tanks is a coarse sand and it was always getting wedged in the slots. Also decaying plant matter would get stuck there as well instead of working its way to the sink.

Back
Top Bottom