Ultra Bio-Media by Aqua Ultraviolet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomasm87

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has any tried this media before? Im building a 5 gallon bucket canister filter and im looking for a large quantity of media. Considering plastic media since it last longer. Here's the link Ultra Bio-Media - 8.5Lbs/1 Cubic Foot per Box Its pretty cheap to. Which is why im considering it. I was also looking into Eheim substrate pro and Seachem pond matirix but there over 100 dollars for all the media ill be needing.

Buying it in pond quantities will definitely be cheaper. I wish I had thought of that. I haven't used that particular style, I had bio-balls way back in the day. It looks like it would work out great. Lots of optimum space for biological growth.

Well I'm not sure how it compares to products like Biomax or Matrix since it doesn't list the available biospace, but if it comes down to cost then I'd go to the dollar store and loads of pot scrubbies...below is $5.00 worth.

Attachments

• image-3586306740.jpg
    image-3586306740.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Does that work pretty good for you?

If the media is not submerged then yes, this type of stuff like Bioballs does best when the media is exposed to oxygen because it doesn't have the high surface area that products like Biomax has. If your application is a 100% submerged application then I recommend a specific application product like Biomax, Matrix, or Substat Pro.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom