Ultralife Float Switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sam

Aquarium Advice Freak
:?: I would be very interested in some feedback from anyone who has used this float switch for a while now. Particularly interested in how reliable it is and any sticking problems you may have had with it. Thanks

I have not used that brand before but I'm currently using a diy float switch. Float switch usually might stick due to salt creep. Sometimes a snail can get on the float switch and cause the pump to stay on and dump all your top-off water into your tank.

I'm curretly look into the Tunze Osmolater Universal. It uses a infra-red sensor to detect the water level and has two failovers. The 1st failover is a floatswith, the 2nd failover is that it will only pump water for 10min max. From what I heard the water pumps out really slow and the rate the water comes out is adjustable. It's kind of pricey but the ease of mind is nice. This is what I'm asking for my Christmas present, hope I get it.

Thahks for the feedback. I will be using it in my sump, so snails should not be a problem. I currently have a top off system but it uses hydrostatic pressure to operate and that does not work well. I could use the switch to control the pump

They Work great! I have had really great feedback from people about them. They also have a 1 year warranty on them as well. I ran one on my 45 before it crashed and never had a problem with sticking. I did clean it every 3 months though.

Back
Top Bottom