Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-29-2014, 07:57 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Unhappy with bulbs,not sure how to get the ones I want

Hi there,

I have a couple 10 gallon tanks that have terrible bulbs that are casting hazy orange glow in my tanks. Im still learning about things so not great on the details about lighting. I think that the orange im referring to is in the "red" part of the spectrum..even though the package says "clear"(im guessing that is referring to the bulb being clear...not the actual light) I am looking for lights that will fit the canopy of my 10gallons that cast a clear light..in the blue spectrum?

Anyone know how I can go about searching to get what im looking for? Keywords maybe or proper names of the types of bulbs i want. This orange glow in my tanks is just brutal.

Edit: They are planted tanks

Wingsofmight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:00 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Search coralife colormax cfl, if you need a screw in bulb this is the one! They have it at most lps and amazon

I'm not really here... fell in the tank and my phone is just that smart
Brookster123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
I use the florescent screw in bulbs at petco. They have normal white and 50/50 blue/white. I have been very pleased with both kinds, but I like the white better for my tank.
venymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #4
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award
I just get the screw in 6500k daylight cfls at any store that sells lightbulbs. Works great on my planted tanks and I don't pay the high mark-up for them being for "aquariums".

Lamps Light Bulbs | Compact Fluorescent | Self-Ballasted | FLE13HT2/12H/DCD | 62949 | LED GE Lighting
Jamie.... "The fingers of natural selection are hovering over the delete button."
AA community rules: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote

app, bulb, bulbs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com