Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #21
is back to save the day!

Theres nothing on the market besides a gas powered GENERATOR that will keep your things powered for more than 4 days. I would just have to chalk it up to bad luck if you have another power outage like that. What you could do though.. is wrap your tank in tin foil. Sounds kind of desperate.. but wouldn't you be if you had fish to worry about? The tin foil will keep the heat in.. but idk about the filtering and all. Maybe you should start building up an army of hamsters that run on a big wheel that can power your things for you. Just a thought..

Old 09-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquarium1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
Theres nothing on the market besides a gas powered GENERATOR that will keep your things powered for more than 4 days. I would just have to chalk it up to bad luck if you have another power outage like that. What you could do though.. is wrap your tank in tin foil. Sounds kind of desperate.. but wouldn't you be if you had fish to worry about? The tin foil will keep the heat in.. but idk about the filtering and all. Maybe you should start building up an army of hamsters that run on a big wheel that can power your things for you. Just a thought..
sigh, well I guess my fish will have to tough it out cuz generators are expensive too. How long do you think that one would last?

Aquarium1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:10 AM   #23
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Cabela's -- 1,000-Watt, Two-Stroke Generator

that should do it for you right there... that would probably run your whole system for as long as you can put gas in it

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow great find rook. My mom said she might get it for me for xmas, but tht would be the only thing lol. I'll look into it.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #25
is back to save the day!

Bah dont get it. If it says *Reliable* in the product description, then we know something is up. I would skip that thing. Looks like another piece of junk for rednecks on budget.

And just think, for 80-100 more $$ you could get this one. Which looks a **** of alot more reliable, and like it wouldn't die on your after and during the first use.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...0070002523660a
Old 09-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Bah dont get it. If it says *Reliable* in the product description, then we know something is up. I would skip that thing. Looks like another piece of junk for rednecks on budget.
Well, then could someone find me a cheap one that would work good? Even though those two words are rarely used together.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #27
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:

And just think, for 80-100 more $$ you could get this one. Which looks a **** of alot more reliable, and like it wouldn't die on your after and during the first use.

Cabela's -- Champion 1,200-Watt Portable Generator
i was only making a suggestion that he could find a gas powered generator fairly cheap. what is up with all the redneck bashing?

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 09-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #28
is back to save the day!

Well, technically, i didn't say anything bad about them. I just said it LOOKED like one for rednecks on budget. Was not bashing anyone. Dont be so sensitive.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Sonomakid
why does it have to be rednecks.. why cant it just be a person on a budget like Aq1 ?... and just cause it says Reliable doesnt mean a thing...its for a fish tank... not a matter of life and death here
Old 09-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #30
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonomakid View Post
why does it have to be rednecks.. why cant it just be a person on a budget like Aq1 ?... and just cause it says Reliable doesnt mean a thing...its for a fish tank... not a matter of life and death here
+5 lol

Tags
supply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com