unlevel 20 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOMA

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have a 20 gallon long tank that is tilted a slight little bit, from the front to the back the water level drops about 2 cm, is this dangerous? if so what should i do?

thanks JOMA

it most likely what your placing the tank on. I have a 20gL and when i placed it on one corner of my dresser the water level moves lower in the left handed corner. I placed it in the center and it leveled out. My 10g was in that same corner and had the same problem it was there for about as long as i have had this account nothing happened to it

its on a metal stand built for aquariums but i think its because the legs are digging into the carpet unevenly, causing the tank to be unlevel

would the plywood break underneath all that pressure?

No, it would hold up. You don't want a full 2cm piece though, only 1/2 that (which is going to be a pretty thin piece of ply).

i meant put a big piece of plywood underneath the entire tank

Weight will be evenly distributed and not under tank under stand the floor is most likely ur problem not the stand need to stop it at the source. Carpet-Ply-Stand-Tank.

no when i said under tank i ment under the entire stand, sorry.

so if i get a piece of plywood thats 36in x 18in (the amount of room in the corner) and put the under ALL the legs will this work? it seems it would work best because it would spread the wieght out a lot better than poles sticking into the ground

okay i will get that plywood this weekend, the hardest part is gonna be getting it under the tank :(

I would advise emptying all the water if you can. Moving it with water is never a good idea if you can avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom