Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Smile Upcoming Project, Filtration!

I'm getting a 75 gallon project going in the next few months, and I had a question about filtration.

I'm going to overkill the filtration by running some Marineland 350 bio-wheels (two of them) because I'm going to be splitting the tank down the center with some plexiglass running about 10-15 inches up the tank or so. I could probably get away with two Marineland 200 bio-wheels.

What's your opinion on that?

In my current 55gal, I run a UGF with 1 blower on each back corner of the tank. I also run 1 Marineland 350 Bio-Wheel, and it works great. My tank is constantly crystal-clear.

I'm just wondering if I should do another UGF in my new tank.. as I do scheduled maintenance on my tank, and don't over clean the rocks due to all of the goodies down there, I like the UGF.

What's your opinion on the UGF's?
KreativJustin is offline   Reply With Quote

filtration, project

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search