Upgrading filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NavyAC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 gal freshwater tank and still have the kit filter (topfin 20). I want to upgrade as the tank is approximately 2 months old now and fully cycled. Any suggestions and tips to that upgrade? I'm fairly new to this and don't have a quarantine tank so want to avoid stressing the fish out. Thank you, in advance, for the help!

I'm not familiar with the Topfin filters, but, if you can, take some the media from it and add it to the new filter to help "jump start" it. dcutl002's suggestion is also a good one.

I run an AC 50 and AC20 on my 20-long, both set to about half-flow. That's because I wanted extra biological filtration and good flow at both ends. A single AC 30 would be fine, too. Aquaclears overall are great filters. (y)

I'd recommend a Fluval C3. Much more advanced than an AquaClear and made by the same company. In addition to better biological filtration, your water will be crystal clear and polished making your tank a showpiece.

I have two C3's and an AC50 ...... and there is no comparison.

I also have a C4 and it is great as well.

For more on this go here:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/c4-vs-aquaclear-335126.html

Back
Top Bottom