Hi, I was hoping to get some advice/information/suggestions regarding my contemplated upgrade. I currently have a 29 gallon freshwater glass tank with an AquaClear 70 Gallon Power Filter, one heater (I think the heater is made for up to a 60 gallon tank), and a fluorescent light. I would like to upgrade to a 50-60 gallon acrylic tank. I'm leaning toward the TruVu 55 gallon (48x13x20), and I have a few questions.
1. How do TruVu tanks compare with Seaclear? Is there a noticeable difference in quality? I have heard negative reviews about TruVu with respect to bowing, and negative things about Seaclear with respect to the hood. What else do you know?
2. Is my current filter sufficient, or will I need a different/additional filter?
3. Is one heater sufficient for such a large tank?
4. What is the best way to setup the new tank? Should I simply transfer all 29 gallons of water from my old tank to the new tank and then fill the new tank? What else should I be thinking about with respect to the transfer?
5. I'm going to need a new lamp, and I like the Marineland LED
Double Bright. Do any of you have experience with this lamp? If I get this lamp, should I get the 36"-48" or the 48"-60"? I'm more concerned about the fit/look than the price difference. Do you have suggestions for a different lamp that might work better?
Feel free to respond to only some of my questions above. Thoughts on anything else are also appreciated.
Thanks very much in advance!